Law Firm Marketing Strategy: 5 Tactics for 2022
Do you have a law firm marketing strategy in place? If you do, now is a great time to revisit and update it. After all, we live in an ever-changing world. Gone are the days when legal clients used to rely on billboards, TV ads, and other traditional forms of advertising to find reliable solicitors to assist them. Now, online marketing is all the rage, and for a good reason.
As the Internet makes it easier for many consumers to find the products and services they need, it makes perfect sense for legal practices to be where their potential clients are looking. Therefore, if you want to bring in more businesses to your law firm in 2022, you should start improving your online marketing game. Here are some simple yet valuable strategies you should consider:
1. Establish a strong brand
A strong brand makes your law firm more memorable, which is an advantage in a highly competitive industry such as the legal service sector. However, solidifying your brand is more than just changing your logo or modifying your website’s colour scheme. It’s about knowing what makes your law firm different from the others and using that knowledge to your advantage.
To determine your law firm’s unique branding and identity, consider the following:
- Your business goals
- Your target clients
- Your direct competitors
- The services you offer
- Your core message or what you want your prospects to know about your law office
2. Optimise your website for search engines
Having a website is vital to your success. However, it is just half of the battle. With thousands of sites clamouring for your target audience’s attention, including those of your competitors, you should know how to set yourself apart from the pack.
Search engine optimisation is vital more than ever. Having a search engine-friendly site will make it easier for your prospects to find you online. By appearing prominently on top of search result pages, you can drive more traffic and leads to your website. Here are some essential SEO tips you should consider:
- Perform keyword research to determine the search terms your prospects are using to find legal services similar to yours.
- Incorporate relevant keywords into your web content, including meta tags, headings, URLs, and page titles.
- Build backlinks from relevant and reputable sites to boost your site’s authority.
- Connect related web pages.
- Make it easier for your web visitors to use your site and peruse your content.
- Create separate web pages for each area you serve or field of law you specialise in.
3. Provide your audience with useful content
Let’s face it. Because of the shady business practices of certain members of the legal service industry, not all lawyers have stellar reputations. Because of this, most people will conduct a lot of research before choosing a specific law firm. As such, through law firm marketing, you need to show them that your law firm is legitimate and you have the skills, experience and resources to help your prospects. You can showcase your legal expertise by creating content that can answer their questions.
Besides allowing you to demonstrate your expertise and helping you earn your prospects’ trust, publishing content regularly also helps with your site’s SEO. It keeps your site fresh, which is a vital Google ranking factor. When creating web content for your law firm, make sure to:
- Avoid over-promoting your services. Instead, take the time to provide your web visitors with information that can help ease their situation to build rapport with them.
- Ensure that your content is reader-friendly. Break up large chunks of text into smaller paragraphs or use numbers and bullet points.
- Do away with the excessive legal jargon. As much as possible, explain your points in a way your audience can understand easily so they will be more inclined to contact you.
- Incorporate relevant keywords into your content to make it more SEO-friendly
- Write about topics your audience will find helpful and valuable.
4. Use PPC ads
Complement your SEO strategy with pay-per-click or PPC ads. Using paid search is an effective way to boost your visibility on search result pages. With PPC ads, you can target a broader audience and expand your reach. Another advantage of using paid search is that it helps you attract quality leads without spending significant money.
To make your PPC ads more effective, you should:
- Research your keywords to identify the best ones to use in your campaign.
- Use long-tail keywords. While they are less popular, they are less expensive and more relevant. Also, the types of prospects they attract are those further in the sales funnel, meaning they are more likely to enlist your services.
- Create eye-catching headlines.
- Always end your ads with a compelling call to action.
Statistics showed that the number of social media users in the UK is expected to grow to 51 million by 2025. This underscores the importance of having a social media presence for law firms. Because social media is where many of your prospects are, it makes sense to be in a place where they can easily find you.
Being active on the right social networking platforms can help you build brand awareness. This law firm marketing strategy lets you connect and interact with potential clients and share content and updates about your law office.
Start Building an Online Marketing Strategy for Your Law Firm Now!
Today, people are less likely to use traditional forms of advertising to find the legal services they require. Because the Internet is where your prospects are, you should develop a robust online marketing strategy to drive more businesses into your law firm.
At Kinetic Traffic, we can help you develop an online marketing campaign that will enable you to generate more web traffic and attract leads to your law firm. Please get in touch with us and let us create a bespoke strategy just for you.
Lead your law firm towards the best results.
Get in touch with our team and let’s talk about your marketing needs.